Friday, January 28, 2005
Posted by mick at 1:13 am
Wednesday, January 26, 2005
Posted by mick at 8:05 am
Okay, business end of the hottest 100. They are about to hit the top 10 songs. My predictions for the top 10:
- At least 2 missy Higgins songs.
- At least 1 more from The Killers.
- "Take me out" by to make it's second apearance in this years hottest 100, this time the original by Franz Ferdinand and it will make the top 3.
- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds to get 1 song in the top 10. I hope so anyway cause they released one of their best albums ever this year (actually 2 albums in 1, but whatever) and no songs from it have made it in yet.
- Spiderbait's cover of "Black Betty" to get in there.
Posted by mick at 7:41 am
The triple j hottest 100 songs for 2004 is on today. Oh yea, it's also Australia day but that somehow doesn't seem as important to me...
Here is the list of songs at the halfway point:
49 missy higgins - casualty50 franz ferdinand - the dark of the matinee51 john butler trio - what you want52 regurgitator - my friend robot53 placebo english summer rain54 waifs, the bridal train55 hives, the walk idiot walk56 xavier rudd shelter57 evermore for one day58 scissor sisters laura59 xavier rudd solace60 your wedding night lachlan61 deep dish - flash dance62 eskimo joe - smoke63 n.e.r.d. - she wants to move64 epicure - self destruct in 565 chemical brothers - galvanize66 devendra banhart - little yellow spider67 black keys, the - 10am automatic68 powderfinger - process this69 freestylers, the - push up70 starsailor - four to the floor (remix)71 the von bondies - c'mon c'mon72 polyphonic spree - hold me now73 panda band, the - sleepy little deathtoll town74 interpol - slow hands75 the spazzys - paco doesn't love me76 interpol - evil77 snow patrol - run78 little birdy - tonights the night79 dallas crane - dirty hearts80 the dissociatives - young man old man81 end of fashion - rough diamonds82 mylo - drop the pressure83 dallas crane - numb all over84 dogs die in hot cars - i love you cause i have to85 regurgitator - the drop86 the unicorns - i was born (a unicorn)87 sia - breathe me88 a perfect circle - imagine89 jet - get what you need90 greenskeepers - lotion91 decoder ring - somersault92 scissor sisters - comfortably numb93 john butler trio - hello94 the vines - ride95 placebo - twenty years96 after the fall - mirror mirror97 gyroscope - safe forever98 gomez - catch me up99 the butterfly effect - always100 fabienne delsol - i'm gonna haunt you
Posted by mick at 4:38 am
Tuesday, January 18, 2005
Posted by mick at 7:36 am
Friday, January 14, 2005
- The ipod display registers an empty battery when there is really about 3 hours of play time left.
- The battery meter registers "full" when the battery isn't. This leads to playback times that are a lot less than the device is capable of.
Anyway, a few websites suggested that ipods have to be re-calibrated every few months to maintain a decent amount of playback off your battery. It'd be nice if they included some of this stuff in the manual.
Posted by mick at 3:20 am