Saturday, March 05, 2005

And the bastards will get away with it...

Alan Ramsey gives a great example of how the Murdoch press works with conservative parties to achieve political means in this article in today's Sydney Morning Herald. The most distressing aspect of this example is the complete lack of noise in the media about this.
With any luck come the next Oztastic election Margo Kingston's efforts to give democracy a jump-start in this country will be successful. To read about her plans to circumvent the media and the political obstacles that occur in the current party-political system check out her new website.
Can the internet revolution foster social change in any non-economically driven way? I guess we'll just have to wait and see - though history tells us that the printing press did, radios did, as has television...
By the way, I'm still not finished my thesis so I shouldn't be posting - but the political animal in me is strong, and I have a small index finger.