Thursday, January 19, 2006

7x7

Dammit, I've been memed by the qpope. Well, 7 is the number on the back of my Lovers jersey, and there are a few funny stories about that...

1. Seven things to do before I die
Hmm like Dave I'm gonna keep this one for public eyes only: 1) Live by the beach. 2) Get into politics. 3) Publish something in Science or Nature, preferably in both journals, many times. 4) Learn to play the guitar 5) Learn to speak another language. 6) Have my own family. 7) Think before speaking.

2. Seven things I cannot do
1) Speak German dammit! 2) Be organized. 3) Drive a manual car. 4) Be completely happy with my fitness level. 5) Not get drawn into a long, possibly boring, political discussions that cite examples and conjectures based on huge tracts of human history. 6) Willingly get out of bed in the morning on cold days. 7) Deal with a lack of good coffee...

3. Seven things that attract me to [Innsbruck]
1) A girl I met in Brisbane. 2) The mountains. 3) The blue skies. 4) Amazing science. 5) The snow. 6) Not the food. 7) My future.

4. Seven things I say most often
1) Anyway. 2) Hey. 3) Sorry. 4) Whoops. 5) Entschuldigung. 6) Links. 7) Rechts.

5. Seven books (or series) that I love
This question is really hard. 1) Lord of the Rings 2) The Discworld Series by Terry Pratchett 3) Johnno by David Malouf 4) The Principles of Quantum Mechanics by Paul Dirac 5) Harry Potter 6) 1984 by George Orwell 7) Catch 22 by Joseph Heller

6. Seven movies that I watch over and over again (or would if I had the time)
Again, really hard. 1) Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. 2) The Big Lebowski. 3) Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 4) Lord of the Rings 5) Requiem for a Dream 6) The West Wing (I know it isn't a movie, but I watch it all the time...) 7) Battlestar Galactica (The new version, it's damn good.)

7. Seven people I want to join in, too.
I would add Mike, Scott, and Aram but the qpope beat me to it. 1) Mohan 2) Hinesy 3) Jen 4) Cat 5) TJ 6) Lisa 7) Jill.