Friday, September 23, 2005

Damn damn damn

I missed this article by Greg Sheridan in The Oz the other day. I hate to admit it, but it's a good-un. He gives big props to the former Senator for Doc Martins, and the new senator for shoving it down the throat of right-wing arseholes, Natasha Stott Despoja. He is calling for her to be reinstated as the head of the Democrats. Personally, I think this would be a great thing for the Dems. I also wouldn't mind fellow Bris Vegan and Nick Cave fan, Andrew Bartlett, getting the nod again, however I'm not sure that would poll so well.
The Dems have some great parliamentarians and they have been a balancing force in Oz politics for a long time. Like Sheridan says, it would be a shame to see the Dems disappear from the Australian political landscape, something that could well happen at the next election unless they redress the political tailspin that they have been in since Meg Lees decided to support the GST.