Wednesday, October 19, 2005

For geeks only

Today I found The Springer Graduate Texts in Mathematics Test after finding a link to it at my mate Steve Flammia's website. Anyone who has looked at my research work won't be too surprised by the result:




If I were a Springer-Verlag Graduate Text in Mathematics, I would be Frank Warner's Foundations of Differentiable Manifolds and Lie Groups.



I give a clear, detailed, and careful development of the basic facts on manifold theory and Lie Groups. I include differentiable manifolds, tensors and differentiable forms. Lie groups and homogenous spaces, integration on manifolds, and in addition provide a proof of the de Rham theorem via sheaf cohomology theory, and develop the local theory of elliptic operators culminating in a proof of the Hodge theorem. Those interested in any of the diverse areas of mathematics requiring the notion of a differentiable manifold will find me extremely useful.



Which Springer GTM would you be? The Springer GTM
Test