Tuesday, May 10, 2005

New semi-regular article: What's awesome on my ipod this week

Okay, this is an experiment that I'm sure I'll get sick of soon. I'm going to start posting a bit more about music. For those of you that know me, I'm pretty into my music. Anyone who's been dumb enough to give me access to their stereo with my ipod have copped many-a-sermon about the virtues of "The Clash" and that eternal question, "Why doesn't John Butler write more short songs?".
Anyway, on my trip to the big smoke on the weekend I bought the "Bob Marley and the Wailers" compliplation, "Legend". It's damned good. So, this week on my ipod I'm featuring:
Redemption Song - by Bob Marley and the Wailers.
Redemption Song - the cover by No Use for a Name.
Both versions are awesome. Joe Strummer (one of the leads in The Clash) was a big fan of Bob Marley. So, I'm also featuring an awesome track:
Junco Partner - by Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros.
The track is recorded live and appears on the Hellcat Records compilations "Give em the boot IV". Damn, I wish I could have seen Joe Strummer play live...